Angler's Guide 2022-2023
Fisheries and Oceans Canada
Newfoundland and Labrador Region
P.O. Box 5667 St. John’s, NL A1C 5X1
Cat no: DFO/22-2190 Cat no: Fs111-1E-PDF
Angler's Guide 2022-2023 is also available for download. [PDF - 3.36 MB]
Outlined in the Angler’s Guide are the 2022 salmon management measures. Some of these measures include:
- Retention of a total of two salmon with a maximum of one salmon on Class 2 rivers.
- Environmental Protocol.
- Retention of salmon is not permitted on non-scheduled waters.
- Catch and Release limits of three salmon per day for Newfoundland and Labrador.
The Angler’s Guide is published by Fisheries and Oceans Canada (DFO). It provides anglers with information on some of the regulations pertaining to salmon and trout angling in inland and coastal waters of Newfoundland and Labrador. It is recommended that anglers read the guide to become familiar with the regulations prior to angling. Regulatory changes to management measures such as season dates, bag limits, river closures, and licence fees may occur following publication. The Angler’s Guide is neither a legal document nor a complete collection of current applicable legislation; it is an abbreviated guide issued for the convenience of anglers. The Fisheries Act and Regulations, and the Wildlife Act and Regulations, should be consulted for interpreting and applying the law. If further clarification is required, please contact DFO or the provincial government offices.
Call 1-800-782-3058 for resources regarding updates and/or changes throughout the season.
Table of Contents
- DFO Angling Enforcement Efforts for Salmon and Trout (NL)
- Annex 1: Coastal Waters and Inland Waters: Angling in Non-scheduled Waters/Coastal
- Annex 2: Guide Requirements
- Annex 3: Program for Anglers with a Disablility
- Annex 4: Salmon Management Measures: River Classifications
- Annex 5: Salmon Angling Log: Fishing in National Parks / Returning Scientific Tags
- Annex 6: Salmon River Catch Data
- Annex 7: Newfoundland and Labrador scheduled Salmon Rivers
- Public Notices