FISHERIES AND OCEANS CANADA
NOTICE TO ANGLERS
July 27, 2020
Salmon Rivers Closing in Zone 3 and 14A
DFO advises anglers that due to extremely high water temperatures and/or low water levels, the following rivers will be restricted to morning angling only effective one hour after sunset on Monday July 27, 2020.
During this period, angling is permitted from one hour before sunrise to 10:00 am each day, and will be closed to angling from 10:01 am to one hour before sunrise on the following day.
The rivers will reopen as conditions improve. Please refer to page 16 of the 2020 Angler’s Guide for further information on the 2020 environmental protocol.
17. Western Brook, Hare Bay
18. Ariege or Salmon River including Southwest Brook and Rose’s Brook, Hare Bay
19. Easter Brook, Canada Bay
20. Northeast Brook and tributary streams, Canada Bay
21. Western Brook or Beaver Brook, Canada Bay
22. Northwest Brook, Canada Bay
167. East River, St. Barbe
168. Big Brook, St. Barbe
169. Watson’s Brook, St. Barbe
170. Pincent’s Brook, Pistolet Bay
172. Bartlett’s Brook and tributary streams, Pistolet Bay
173. Upper Brook, Milan Arm, Pistolet Bay
174. East River, Pistolet Bay
For more information please visit the In Season River Status website at https://inter-j01.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/isrs/report or call the Angling Line at 1-800-782-3058.
The Regional Director General, Fisheries and Oceans Canada, Newfoundland and Labrador Regions gives notice that Variation Orders 2020-124, 2020-125, 2020-126, 2020-127 and 2020-128 have been revoked and Variation Orders 2020-137, 2020-138, 2020-139, 2020-140 and 2020-141 come into effect at 1600 hours on July 27, 2020.
Tel. (709) 772-4968
- Date modified: