FISHERIES AND OCEANS CANADA
NOTICE TO ANGLERS
Salmon Rivers closing in Zone 4 and Zone 11
DFO advises anglers that due to extremely low water levels and extremely high water temperatures, the following rivers will close effective one hour after sunset on Thursday July 20, 2017. Rivers will reopen as conditions improve.
46. Tributaries of the Exploits River including tributaries below Grand Falls fishway AND tributaries of mid-Exploits from Grand Falls fishway to Red Indian Lake dam, as well as all Exploits watershed above Red Indian Lake dam.
48. Campbellton River & tributaries including Neyles Brook & Indian Arm River & tributary streams
49. Dog Bay Rivers, including Southwest Brook & all tributary streams
Northwest Gander tributary
50. All other tributaries of the main stem and Southwest Gander River
Waters above Great Gull Falls on the Great Gull River (tributary Northwest Gander)
Waters above Big Dead Wolf Falls including Waters and Caribou Brook (tributary Southwest Gander)
51. Ragged Harbour River & tributary streams
52. Anchor Brook
53. Deadman's Bay River & tributary streams
54. Windmill Brook
111. Bay du Nord River
112. Simmons Brook & tributary streams, Cinq Island Bay, Fortune Bay
113. Southwest Brook & tributary streams, Cinq Island Bay, Fortune Bay
114. Old Bay Brook, Bay de l'Eau
115. Taylor's Bay Brook, Bay de l'Eau
116. Tributary streams of Conne River including Bernard's Brook & Twillick Brook, Bay d'Espoir
For more information please visit the In Season River Status report at www.nfl.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/NL/River-Status/In-Season or call the Angling Line at 709-772-4423.
The Regional Director General, Fisheries and Oceans Canada, Newfoundland and Labrador Region gives notice that Variation Orders 2017-155, 2017-156, 2017-157, 2017-158, and 2017-159 have been revoked and Variation Orders 2017-161, 2017-162, 2017-163, 2017-164, and 2017-165 come into effect on July 20, 2017.
- Date modified: