FISHERIES AND OCEANS CANADA
NOTICE TO FISH HARVESTERS
Herring Fixed Gear Fishery Closed in Portions of Area 14
DFO advises that the Herring fixed gear fishery (gillnet, trap, bar seine, including tuck seine) in portions of Herring Fishing Area 14 (Cape St. Gregory to Cape Bauld) are closed, as per annual closure, and will re-open at 0600hrs on Monday, August 1, 2016. The portions of Herring Fishing Area 14 that will be closed are:
- Ingornachoix Bay and Hawkes Bay, inside a straight line drawn from Spirity Point to the French shore site.
- Castor's Harbour, inside a straight line drawn from Castor Point to Long Point.
- Ste. Geneveive Bay and St. Barbe Bay inside a straight line drawn from Cape Ste. Geneveive to Anchor Point.
- The area inside a straight line drawn from The Arches to Cliffy Point, and the area within one nautical mile seaward of that line.
- Bonne Bay inside a straight line drawn from Western Head to Lobster Cove Point.
These closures are for the protection of migrating salmon.
- Date modified: