FISHERIES AND OCEANS CANADA
NOTICE TO ANGLERS
August 10, 2020
Salmon Rivers Closing in Zone 5, 6, 7 & 9
DFO advises anglers that due to extremely high water temperatures and/or low water levels, the following rivers will be restricted to morning angling only effective one hour after sunset on August 10, 2020.
During this period, angling is permitted from one hour before sunrise to 10:00 am each day, and will be closed to angling from 10:01 am to one hour before sunrise on the following day.
The rivers will reopen as conditions improve. Please refer to page 16 of the 2020 Angler’s Guide for further information on the 2020 environmental protocol.
55. Northwest Brook, Indian Bay
56. Indian Bay River & tributary streams
57. Northwest Brook, Trinity, Bonavista Bay
58. Traverse Brook & tributary streams
59. Middle Brook, including Square Pond Brook & Burnt Pond Brook
60. Gambo River & tributary streams, including Mint Brook, Narrows, Triton Brook, Riverhead Brook & Parsons Brook
61. Northwest Brook, Alexander Bay
62. *Terra Nova River & tributaries, including Maccles Brook
63. *Northwest Brook, Port Blandford, & tributary streams -
64. Salmon Brook, Port Blandford, & tributary streams
65. Southwest Brook, Port Blandford, & tributary streams
71. *Bellevue River, Trinity Bay
72. Salmon Cove River, Conception Bay
73. *North River, Conception Bay
75. North Arm River, Holyrood
81. *Salmonier River, including Back River below falls
82. Colinet River, including north and east branches
83. Rocky River & tributary streams
84. North Harbour River, St. Mary’s Bay
85. Little Salmonier River, St. Mary’s Bay
86. Big Barachois Brook, St. Mary’s Bay
For more information please visit the In Season River Status website at https://inter-j01.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/isrs/report or call the Angling Line at 1-800-782-3058.
The Regional Director General, Fisheries and Oceans Canada, Newfoundland and Labrador Regions gives notice that Variation Orders 2020-164, 2020-165, 2020-166, 2020-167 and 2020-168 have been revoked and Variation Orders 2020-171, 2020-172, 2020-173, 2020-174 and 2020-175 come into effect on 1700 hours August 10, 2020.
Regional FAM Officer
- Date modified: