FISHERIES AND OCEANS CANADA
NOTICE TO FISH HARVESTERS
July 11, 2019
COD FISHERY OPENING IN NAFO DIVISIONS 4RS AND SUB-DIVISION 3Pn
DFO advises that the directed competitive Cod fishery in NAFO Divisions 4RS and sub-Division 3Pn, for fixed gear vessels less than 65 feet will open at 0600 hours on Monday, July 15, 2019.
This opening is for the following vessel classes:
- enterprises based in Western NL and Southern Labrador - 4R3Pn (A274, A275, A277, A278, A287)
- enterprises based in 3Ps with overlap rights to 3Pn (A263, A266,
A269, A272) must contact 637-4310 to request a condition if they wish to participate.
Fish harvesters are reminded of the following:
- Retention of Atlantic Halibut is not permitted while directing for Cod;
- Buddy-up arrangements must be completed before the opening date in order to be effective for the first week of fishing activity;
- at-sea observer coverage must be arranged before beginning fishing
Fish harvesters should note that management measures from past seasons are in place and during the entire commercial Cod fishery.
The Regional Director General, Fisheries and Oceans Canada, Newfoundland and Labrador Region gives notice that Variation Order 2019-005 has been revoked and Variation Order 2019-146 comes into effect on July 12, 2019.
"Notices to Fish Harvesters" for all commercial fisheries are now available online under the Fishery Notices link on the DFO NL Region webpage at http://www.nfl.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/e0004341
If you would like to have all "Notices to Fish Harvesters" for commercial fisheries sent directly to you by email please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date modified: