FISHERIES AND OCEANS CANADA
NOTICE TO ANGLERS
Salmon Rivers Closing in Zones 5 and 6
DFO advises anglers that due to extremely high water temperatures and/or low water levels, the following rivers will be restricted to morning angling only effective one hour after sunset on Tuesday August 27, 2019.
During this period, angling is permitted from one hour before sunrise to 10:00 am each day, and will be closed to angling from 10:01 am to one hour before sunrise on the following day.
The rivers will reopen as conditions improve. Please refer to page 16 of the 2019 Angler's Guide for further information on the 2019 environmental protocol.
55. Northwest Brook, Indian Bay
56. Indian Bay River & tributary streams
57. Northwest Brook, Trinity, Bonavista Bay
58. Traverse Brook & tributary streams
59. Middle Brook, including Square Pond Brook & Burnt Pond Brook
60. Gambo River & tributary streams, including Mint Brook, Narrows, Triton Brook, Riverhead Brook & Parsons Brook
61. Northwest Brook, Alexander Bay
62. Terra Nova River & tributaries, including Maccles Brook
64. Salmon Brook, Port Blandford, & tributary streams
65. Southwest Brook, Port Blandford, & tributary streams
66. Salmon Cove River, Trinity Bay
67. Trouty River, Trinity Bay
68. Pope's Harbour River, Trinity Bay
69. Shoal Harbour River, Trinity Bay & tributaries
70. Deer Harbour River & tributary streams, Trinity Bay
For more information please visit the In-Season River Status Report at https://inter-j01.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/isrs/report or call the Angling Line at 709-772-4423.
The Regional Director General, Fisheries and Oceans Canada, Newfoundland and Labrador Regions gives notice that Variation Orders 2019-227, 2019-228, 2019-229, 2019-230 and 2019-231 have been revoked and Variation Orders 2019-235, 2019-236, 2019-237, 2019-238 and 2019-239 come into effect at 1800 hours on August 27, 2019.
Tel. (709) 772-4968
- Date modified: