FISHERIES AND OCEANS CANADA
NOTICE TO ANGLERS
Salmon Rivers Closing in Zone 9, 10 and 11
DFO advises anglers that due to extremely high water temperatures and/or low water levels, the following rivers will be restricted to morning angling only effective one hour after sunset on Wednesday August 21, 2019.
During this period, angling is permitted from one hour before sunrise to 10:00 am each day, and will be closed to angling from 10:01 am to one hour before sunrise on the following day.
The rivers will reopen as conditions improve. Please refer to page 16 of the 2019 Angler's Guide for further information on the 2019 environmental protocol.
81. Salmonier River, including Back River below falls
82. Colinet River, including north and east branches
83. Rocky River & tributary streams
84. North Harbour River, St. Mary's Bay
85. Little Salmonier River, St. Mary's Bay
86. Big Barachois Brook, St. Mary's Bay
105. Taylor's Bay River, Burin Peninsula & tributary streams
106. Salmonier Lamaline River & tributary streams
107. Piercey's Brook & tributary streams
108. Grand Bank Brook & tributary streams
109. Garnish River, including Lower Garnish & Upper or Black River & tributary streams
For more information please visit the In Season River Status Report at www.nfl.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/NL/River-Status/In-Season or call the Angling Line at 709-772-4423.
The Regional Director General, Fisheries and Oceans Canada, Newfoundland and Labrador Regions gives notice that Variation Orders 2019-203, 2019-204, 2019-205, 2019-206 and 2019-207 have been revoked and Variation Orders 2019-222, 2019-223, 2019-224, 2019-225 and 2019-226 come into effect at 1800 hours on August 21, 2019.
Tel. (709) 772-4968
- Date modified: