FISHERIES AND OCEANS CANADA
NOTICE TO FISH HARVESTERS
April 23, 2019
2019 LOBSTER FISHERY OPENINGS IN 3L
DFO advises of the following lobster fishery dates:
- Bonavista Bay (LFA 5) will open May 8 at 06:00 hours hours and close July 11 at 20:00 hours;
- Trinity Bay (LFA 6) will open April 27 at 06:00 hours and close July 7 at 20:00 hours;
- Conception Bay (LFA 7) will open May 2 at 06:00 hours and close July 5 at 20:00 hours;
- Southern Shore (LFA 8) will open May 9 at 06:00 hours and close July 11 at 20:00 hours;
- Cape Race to Cape Pine (LFA 9A) will open May 9 at 06:00 hours and close July 4 at 20:00 hours;
- Cape Pine to Cape St. Mary's (LFA 9B) will open May 3 at 06:00 hours and close July 4 at 20:00 hours.
DFO reminds fish harvesters of that traps are not to be retrieved until after the two day setting period.
DFO reminds fish harvesters that they must possess a valid licence conditions available on the National Online Licencing System.
The Regional Director General, Fisheries and Oceans Canada, Newfoundland and Labrador Region gives notice that Variation Order 2019-037 has been revoked and Variation Order 2019-039 comes into effect on April 24, 2018.
"Notices to Fish Harvesters" for all commercial fisheries are now available online under the Fishery Notices link on the DFO NL Region webpage at http://www.nfl.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/e0004341
If you would like to have all "Notices to Fish Harvesters" for commercial fisheries sent directly to you by email please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel. (709) 772-5845
Area Chief, Resource Management
- Date modified: