FISHERIES AND OCEANS CANADA
NOTICE TO ANGLERS
Salmon and Trout Angling Season Closures
DFO reminds anglers that the salmon and trout angling seasons will close on September 7, 2017.
Atlantic Salmon closures:
- All zones will close to salmon angling on September 7, 2017.
- Fall angling is permitted on the Lower Humber, Gander, and Lower Exploits Rivers from September 8, 2017, to October 7, 2017. Only catch and release angling will be permitted.
Zones 1, 2, and 14B will close to salmon angling on September 15, 2017.
- Zone 1 (Insular Newfoundland) will close to angling on September 7, 2017.
- Brown and rainbow trout angling in selected areas on the Avalon Peninsula and East Coast areas will continue until October 7, 2017.
- Zones 2 and 4 in Labrador will close to angling on September 7, 2017.
- Zones 3, 5 and 6 will close to angling on September 15, 2017.
- These closures include the Churchill River Drainage Basin Watershed which closes on September 7, 2017, and the Eagle Plateau Management Zone which closes on September 15, 2017.
For specific details, visit the 2017-2018 Angler's Guide on-line at www.nfl.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/NL/AG/anglersguide Anglers are reminded to complete their Salmon Angling Log.
Tel. (709) 772-4680
- Date modified: