FISHERIES AND OCEANS CANADA
NOTICE TO ANGLERS
Salmon Rivers closing in Zones 10 and 11
DFO advises anglers that due to extremely low water levels and extremely high water temperatures, the following rivers will close effective one hour after sunset on Thursday, July 27, 2017. Rivers will reopen as conditions improve.
96. Nonsuch Brook
97. Cape Roger River
98. Bay de l'Eau River
99. Red Harbour River, Northeast & Northwest Branches & tributary streams
100. West Brook, North West Arm, Mortier Bay & tributary streams
101. Tide's Brook, Mortier Bay, including Main Brook, Shearstick Brooks & tributary streams
102. Salmonier River, Burin
103. Little St. Lawrence River & tributary streams
104. Lawn River & tributary streams
105. Taylor's Bay River, Burin Peninsula & tributary streams
106. Salmonier Lamaline River & tributary streams
107. Piercey's Brook & tributary streams
108. Grand Bank Brook & tributary streams
109. Garnish River, including Lower Garnish & Upper or Black River & tributary streams
110. Long Harbour River & tributary streams, Fortune Bay
For more information please visit the In Season River Status report at www.nfl.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/NL/River-Status/In-Season or call the Angling Line at 709-772-4423.
The Regional Director General, Fisheries and Oceans Canada, Newfoundland and Labrador Region gives notice that Variation Orders 2017-166, 2017-167 2017-168, 2017-169, and 2017-170 have been revoked and Variation Orders 2017-176, 2017-177, 2017-178, 2017-179, and 2017-180 come into effect on July 27, 2017.
Tel. (709) 772-4680
- Date modified: