FISHERIES AND OCEANS CANADA
NOTICE TO FISH HARVESTERS
Cod Fishery Opening in NAFO Divisions 4Rs and Sub-Division 3Pn
DFO advises that the directed competitive Cod fishery in NAFO Divisions 4RS and sub-Division 3Pn, for fixed gear vessels less than 65 feet, using six gillnets or 2000 hooks, will open at 0600hrs on Monday, July 11, 2016.
This opening is for the following vessel classes:
- enterprises based in Western NL and Southern Labrador - 4R3Pn (A274, A275, A277, A278)
- enterprises based in 3Ps with overlap rights to 3Pn (A263, A266, A269,A272)
Fish harvesters are reminded of the following:
- Retention of Atlantic Halibut is not permitted while directing for Cod;
- Licences and licence conditions are available through DFO’s National On-line Licencing System;
- Buddy-up arrangements must be completed before the opening date in order to be effective for the first week of fishing activity;
- at-sea observer coverage must be arranged before beginning fishing Fish harvesters should note that management measures from past seasons are in place and during the entire commercial Cod fishery.
The Regional Director General, Fisheries and Oceans Canada, Newfoundland and Labrador Regions gives notice that Variation Order 2016-096 has been revoked and Variation Order 2016-101 comes into effect on July 7, 2016.
If you would like to have all “Notices to Fish Harvesters” for commercial fisheries sent directly to you by email please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date modified: