FISHERIES AND OCEANS CANADA
NOTICE TO FISH HARVESTERS
Apr. 22, 2016
LOBSTER FISHERY OPENING IN EASTERN NEWFOUNDLAND- LFA 5, 6, 7, 8, 9AB
DFO advises of the following lobster fishery dates:
- Bonavista Bay (LFA 5) will open May 8 and close July 12;
- Trinity Bay (LFA 6) will open April 27 and close July 6;
- Conception Bay (LFA 7) will open May 2 and close July 5;
- Southern Shore (LFA 8) will open May 9 and close July 12;
- Cape Race to Cape Pine (LFA 9A) will open May 2 and close June 28;
- Cape Pine to Cape St. Mary's (LFA 9B) will open May 2 and close June 28.
DFO reminds fish harvesters of that traps are not to be retrieved until after the two day setting period.
DFO reminds fish harvesters that they must possess a valid licence conditions available on the National Online Licencing System.
The Regional Director General, Fisheries and Oceans Canada, Newfoundland and Labrador Regions gives notice that Variation Order 2016-020 has been revoked and Variation Order 2016-024 comes into effect on April 23, 2016.
“Notices to Fish Harvesters” for all commercial fisheries are now available online under the Fishery Notices link on the DFO NL Region webpage at http://www.nfl.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/e0004341
If you would like to have all “Notices to Fish Harvesters” for commercial fisheries sent directly to you by email please contact:
For information, contact:
Resource Manager - Eastern Fisheries
- Date modified: