2+3KLMNO Groundfish Industry Advisory Committee meeting 2017
Meeting with key regional industry stakeholders to discuss Marine Conservation Targets; to present a Science update on this stock, and to discuss the management approach for the 2017 Northern cod Stewardship/By-catch fishery in NAFO Divisions 2J3KL.
This industry advisory will be of interest to the commercial fish harvesting sector, the processing Industry, Indigenous organizations/governments, other federal government departments, environmental non-government organizations and the Government of Newfoundland and Labrador.
An invitation only industry consultation meeting will be held at the Ramada Inn, Kenmount Road, on Wednesday April 12, 2017.
When and Where
Date: April 12, 2017
City: St. John’s
Detail: Ramada Inn, Kenmount Road
How to participate
Invited stakeholders should plan to attend the meetings in person.
- Science Advisory Report 2016/026 Stock Assessment of Northern Cod (NAFO Divs. 2J3KL) in 2016
- 2016 Northern cod Stewardship/By- catch fishery Management Decision
Senior Resource Manager
Resource Management and Aboriginal Fisheries
Fisheries and Oceans Canada
North West Atlantic Fisheries Centre
80 East White Hills Road
St. John’s, NL A1C 5X1
Phone (709) 772 - 6151
Fax (709) 772 - 3628
- 2017 Northern Cod proposal Mobile Gear 65 to 100 foot fleet [PDF 174 kb]
- GEAC Stewardship Proposal_Submission [PDF 355 kb]
- East Coast Otter Trawl Association Cod proposal [PDF 98 kb]
- ECOTA proposal for Redfish and Turbot [PDF 100 kb]
- FFAW Advisory Backgrounder Cod Quality project [PDF 129 kb]
- GEAC Presentation - Management Proposal – Northern Cod [PDF 600 kb]
- Labrador Fishermen's Union Shrimp Company submission - Northern Cod - April 2017 [PDF 35 kb]
- NL GIDC 2017 Stewardship Management Plan [PDF 748 kb]
- Date modified: